The Western Digital’s Chief Technology Officer (CTO) group is looking for an R&D Firmware Engineer for WD-based RISC-V technology projects, located in Tefen (north) and Kfar Saba.
The R&D engineer mission will be involved in researching and developing around FW, Toolchain, and BSP/PSP development for MCU's and accelerators-based ML (machine learning). All work will be cooperated and synchronized with other team members and other companies outside WD.
WD is one of the biggest companies that driver RISC-V to the ecosystem. One of WD's missions is to replace WD cores with RISC-V cores. RISC-V is a new IP concept for developing new CPUs, based on the idea of an "open source community" with free and open ISA. Our team mission is to lead and contribute development for infrastructure tools such as Toolchain and low-level FW, alongside working with the RISC-V community to improve RISC-V for the ecosystem
• Bachelor's degree or higher in EE/Computer Science or equivalent
• Minimum 3-5 years of recent experience in tool-chains/BSP/PSP and low level embedded FW
• Experience in C language
• Experience with GNU/LLVM toolchains.
• Familiar with developing in a Linux and Windows environment.
• Previous experience in working closely to HW-MCUs/CPUs
• Basic knowledge on ML frameworks such as pyTorch, TensorFlow, others…
• High English skills: listening, speaking, reading
• Experience in ASM
• Experience with ML frameworks such as pyTorch, TensorFlow, others…
• Experience with build system concepts (like makefile, cmake, scons)
• Previous experience in development in LLVM with clang FE and/or GNU (GCC, GDB…)
• Linux Debian environment.
• Experience with GNU LD (linker scripts)
• Familiar with ELF spec
• Familiar with DWARF information and/or GDB specs (debugger)
• Experience in JAVA, Python, C++
• Working in a team and be welling to learn new topics
• Open minded to "brainstorming"
• Share knowledge and willing to work together
• Self-learner and love to learn, welling to challenge the limits of knowledge.
• High motivated with the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, team environment