BMC Software is seeking a User Experience Designer to join the UX Team.
Are you motivated and inspired by innovation and have strong technical and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to assume ownership and drive issues to completion? Then you are exactly the kind of person we are looking for at BMC Software.
In this role, you will be working on leading BMC products and be proficient at proposing and documenting software and UI design. You will also be analyzing requirements and developing high-quality interaction designs. Your understanding of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) together with attention to detail, passion for development and UI best practices whilst communicating clearly and effectively with peers and stakeholders, will bring the key skills to this team. You will also enjoy being challenged by fully hands-on work and creating and iterating wireframes and interactive prototypes.
In this role you will be:
• Design consistent, intuitive, and easy to use enterprise web application user interfaces
• Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams of Product Managers, Software Architects, Developers, QA Engineers, Technical Writers, Researchers, Interaction Designers, and Visual Designers
• Interpret user stories and use cases and produce wireframes applying interaction design patterns and user interface standards and guidelines.
What we are looking for:
• 7+ years of experience as a user interface designer of enterprise-class web applications
• Degree in UI Design, Psychology, Human Factors or related HCI discipline, or demonstrated experience and proficiency in interaction design and usability
• A portfolio of wireframes/mockups demonstrating web application UI designs (not websites)
• Background developing and applying UI design patterns, standards and guidelines
• Ability to apply user research methodologies to learn, and innovate to solve customer needs
• Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced development environment
• Provide direction to other interaction designers and work independently
It would be an advantage for you to have:
• Experience with designing automation products
• Knowledge of current UI/Front End frameworks
• Exposure to mobile interaction design patterns for iOS and Android
• Visual design experience
• Knowledge of GUI accessibility standards (Section 508, WCAG)
• HTML/CSS experience
• ITIL knowledge/certification
• Experience on agile development projects