A successful global e-commerce company is looking for a highly motivated & experienced R&D Manager
to lead remotely a team of developers and make a major impact in our most strategic and rapidly evolving
- Lead the development end to end from planning to production.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies, influence highly skilled engineering
teams, and overall have a personal impact on technological decisions and vision.
- Translate and execute product requirements to development plans, top-down, from
architectural level to development tasks using tools, such as TFS, Jira.
- Manage the entire life cycle from development, unit tests, track problems, and implement
changes to ensure adherence of the plan and functional/nonfunctional requirements.
- Be responsible of the architecture of our entire ecosystem, including 3 cloud apps external
- Create productive environments for coding standards, design patterns, and Agile development
- Be the authority of the selection and implementation of all development support systems,
including managed hosting and application performance monitoring.
- Manage a group of remote teams including recruitment, mentoring, time management.
- 8+ years of proven experience as an R&D manager with cross-platform knowledge (Web,
Mobile, Back-End, Front-End, Cloud) and hands on experience.
- Experience with building and running highly available, scalable, and great performing system
using cloud and open-source technologies.
- Proficiency in MEAN stack, able to work hands on and perform code review.
- Leadership and management qualities, able to inspire, motivate and lead remote teams and
individuals in Eastern Europe.
- Knowledge with private and public cloud, virtualization technologies, containers, as well as
physical and software load balancers and multiple storage options.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation.
- Deep understanding in new technologies such as message broker / Micro-services / Serverless
architectural principles / SQL or No-SQL / Manage and Unmanaged code / Elasticsearch.
- Extensive knowledge of e-commerce and online retail.
- Goal oriented, highly motivated, takes full ownership of projects.
- Excellent level of English communication skills.