The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (AJJDC) seeks:
Representative for the Former Soviet Union Region
JDC-FSU endeavors to meet the profound needs of the Jewish communities in the FSU,
impoverished Jews foremost among them, by providing comprehensive welfare services and Jewish community activities throughout the FSU. JDC-FSU maintains an extensive scope of operations and comprehensive service provision through vast local infrastructures developed on the ground.
JDC-FSU provides welfare services and community activities in over 2,300 locations throughout the FSU, working through its 14 field offices in 8 countries. These services are provided through a local network of 64 Hesed welfare centers, as well as Jewish Community Centers (JCCs) running community programs.
Management of the representative office includes:
- Ongoing operational management of JDC's representative office covering a wide geographical area.
- Professional management of local organizations.
- Budget management - Preparation, control, and overall responsibility for budget utilization of the local JDC representative office and of the JDC supported organizations.
- Development of yearly work plan and responsibility for implementation.
- Partnership in formulating JDC policies in the region, including responsibility for initiating, planning, and implementing humanitarian and community programs and projects.
- Promoting Community development and strengthening Jewish identity within the Jewish community.
- Building and developing relations with the local communities and representing the organization in local and governmental forums.
- Representing the organization during donor and other delegations.
- At least 7 years of management experience.
- Ability to represent the organization to local entities, donor delegations and board members from abroad.
- Good command of Russian and English languages. Hebrew is an advantage.
- Knowledge of the diaspora Jewish community is an advantage.
- Ability to manage complex processes.
- Position involves at least 3 years working and living in the FSU, with an option for prolonging the period.
- Report to the Director of Field Operations Division in Jerusalem, Israel.
Please send CV to JDC.D4.02E@applynow.io
Only relevant candidates will receive a reply.