BMC is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our amazing Innovation Labs team!
What will you be doing?
Be responsible for design and beginning-to-end execution of BMC Data Science projects including interpreting business need, munging/wrangling data, developing and validating predictive models, and deploying completed solutions
Help to build out the Innovation Labs prototypes using a variety of cutting-edge technologies and tools.
Support BMCs Innovation Labs and its adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) solutions.
Develop advanced quantitative models using a variety of programs/software to support predictive assessments.
Provide expertise for analytical, programmatic, strategic, and operational analysis.
Perform multiple forms of advanced analyses, sustainment, optimization, text analytics, machine learning, parametric and non-parametric statistical models and techniques.
Build, test, validate and demonstrate analytical models through various relevant error metrics and calibration techniques.
Provide recommendations for plans, programs, strategies, policies and budgets.
Design algorithms that require several different models/methods to be used in an ensemble.
Deploy models into production.
Must-have experience/criteria for role:
- Experience of developing software applications with Python, Java, Golang or any other modern language.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in Statistics / Technology / Computer Science / Applied Mathematics.
- Demonstrable experience working with Python.
- An Innovative Mindset, strong analytical skills, and an ability to pick up new languages / technologies quickly.
Nice to have’s:
- Experience developing algorithms using data science technologies to build analytical models.
- Modelling experience using a variety of regression and supervised and unsupervised learning techniques.
- Experience in data wrangling/cleansing, statistical modeling, and programming.
- Experience in Container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm Charts, etc.
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with AWS / Google Cloud or Azure.
- Experience working with Apache Spark.
- Experience in message bus technologies such as Kafka.
- Enterprise software development practices.
If you feel you meet some of the criteria but not all, please still apply. We don’t want imposter syndrome to get in the way of meeting some truly amazing candidates!